Friday 14 November 2008

Amy said she discovered her husband’s infidelity after she went for an afternoon nap and woke to find him having sex with a virtual girl called Modest


WOMAN obsessed with internet games is divorcing her husband after he had a virtual affair with a computer-generated female character, it emerged yesterday.Amy Pollard, 28, claims her 40-year-old husband David committed adultery with the animated woman he met in online game Second Life.Players create characters for themselves and live virtual lives, with jobs, relationships and children.Amy said their three-year marriage came to an end when she found David pretending to have sex and kissing several girls on the computer game.She filed for divorce, citing unreasonable behaviour.Amy said she discovered her husband’s infidelity after she went for an afternoon nap and woke to find him having sex with a virtual girl called Modesty McDonnell on the computer. We weren’t having cyber sex, just chatting and hanging out together.
David Pollard“I went mad,” she said. “I was so hurt. I just couldn’t believe what he’d done.“I looked at the computer screen and could see his character having sex with a female character. “It’s cheating as far as I’m concerned. But he didn’t see it as a problem, and couldn’t see why I was so upset. He said I was just making a big fuss and tried to make out it was my fault for not giving him enough attention.”Amy met David in an internet chatroom in May 2003 and after six months of emails and phone calls she moved from London to his flat in Newquay, Cornwall.

0 comments: